Friday 21 September 2012

My Favourite Genre of Film

Horror is my favourite genre of film because throughout the whole film, you get an adrenaline rush because of the intensity of the film. They also take you away from the norm a most events that happen in horror films don't tend to happen in day to day life, and we enjoy watching surreal events as it's different from what we usually see.


One of my favourite horror films is Paranormal Activity. This is one of my favourites as it contains supernatural events that wouldn't happen to anyone else. Also, Paranormal Activity goes further than any other supernatural films, it has a storyline to it. Other horror films don't usually have a good storyline to back up the supernatural events. Paranormal Activity also has follow on films to it which explain the story even further. My scariest part I found in this film was when the chandelier banged against the ceiling. I thought this was the scariest part because the audience don't know it's the chandelier. It was also filmed using a normal hand camera so you know it hasn't been edited which makes the film feel more real. It also makes you relate to it more because you feel like you're there because it's filmed like a home made video.

No comments:

Post a Comment